Friday, April 27, 2007

The Beginning of the End

Yeah, there sure is nothing like finally being done with classes. After getting out of Calc II today, I was, needless to say, extremely happy. Now, only a few loose ends to tie up and finals next week, and I will finally be done with my first year at college. I sure am ready for summer, even if it means a lot of work. Anything is better than having to study for calc tests and write research papers.

So, I have kind of been "celebrating" the end of the school year the past few nights by watching some movies. My current list is as follows: Black Hawk Down (good movie, seen it twice now), Star Wars Episode III (seen it, oh, three or four times now. It isn't too bad), War of the Worlds (new version) (seen it three times. I really only watch it for the special effects), National Treasure (seen it twice now. A very good film), and Independence Day. I probably enjoyed Independence Day about the most, even if it is slightly old. I really like these sorts of movies with aliens invading Earth and all that fun stuff. :)

Well, I look forward to the weekend, even though I have to do some review for finals. But most of all, I look forward to flying back North, and being home for a while.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Oh yeah.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Well, you're certainly getting in your movie review at the same time. I hope your finals sail along! It will be great to have you up North next weekend!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is going to be so good to be back North again. Not to rat against Texas or anything, but it sure isn't as good as Iowa...

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you like War of the Worlds. I thought that was about the most boring ever. It was s l o w and pretty much had no plot. Oh well, you are entitled to your own opinion. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, what you have to realize is that one of the main reasons I watch movies is to immerse myself in its glorious CG. "War of the Worlds" is an excellent example of that. I can't say much for the actual story or actors (I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise). I actually did enjoy the book a lot more than this movie...

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Okay, you've had a month.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home