Saturday, February 17, 2007

Well, I figure it is about time to post about something other than life here at college. Something more towards what the title of this blog states.

Today I had some fun wasting time doing some recreational programming. I decided to create a little Tetris game in Linux. Not terribly difficulty, but it did take some time to put together, though it isn't quite finished yet. So far the project totals about 874 lines of code. It would also go a lot smoother if I used OpenGL for all the alpha blending and such, but I'm a bit lazy for that yet. Here are some screenshots of it in its current state:










As anyone can see, I'm not the best at Tetris. :) Nevertheless, it was fun making it. I especially like the pretty fractal backgrounds that fade throughout the game. Maybe I'll try something a bit more challenging this coming week, if I have the time.

(Interesting note: When creating this post, the spell checker for Blogger said the words "blog" and "Blogger" weren't words. I found this very funny).

5 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I don't know which impresses me more...that you posted twice in as many days, or that you made a whole Tetris game all by yourself.

(you know, I used to be quite good at Tetris, back in the old days, when I actually played games)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Trallferd said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. For some reason, when I posted a comment, it allowed had a Blogger name, derek, for me to use. I don't have a blogger acount so maybe some other person named Derek does.

-Derek Hoyt

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to post soon, Jason, if you
want to.

-Derek

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel very free to post.
If you don't update soon, we'll have to let a swarm of fire ants loose in your room. (just so you have something to post about. :D)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home