Update
Well, I do want applesauce when I get home, so here goes.
Not a lot has happened, except for fall break, which was a lot of fun. Especially sleeping and doing nothing productive. A lot of the floor got together and we went to the country to have a game of capture the flag with airsoft guns. Needless to say, we got kicked off the two first choices, but the end result turned out to be perfect, complete with a burnt down building, a clearing in the middle, and woods and vines on all sides. I will have to look around for a decent gun soon, that's for sure.
I'm really starting to feel like I fit in on this floor. All the guys are great, though some are immensely crazy. I get along good with all of the guys on my hall. There is one Star Wars nerd, but that is to be expected. Never trash Star Wars in his hearing, unless you wish to die a very quick death... :)
Someone mentioned that she wanting to hear about the road trip I took with several others a week or so ago. It was quite enjoyable, and we had a hilarious time throughout it all. We stopped at a very nice recreational site, which was strangely empty. Then we saw spotlights, and obviously had to follow them to their source. It turned out to be a local football game, which also explained the absence of people from the recreational center. We also stopped at several other places which had Dave (my suite-mate) very nervous... we stopped at the local hospital, and drove into the emergency drive and parking lot to take pictures of the helicopter. We also stopped at a very small airport and took pictures of the planes there. All I can think is that if we were being watched, our actions would have appeared very strange to certain people... :)
Not a lot has happened, except for fall break, which was a lot of fun. Especially sleeping and doing nothing productive. A lot of the floor got together and we went to the country to have a game of capture the flag with airsoft guns. Needless to say, we got kicked off the two first choices, but the end result turned out to be perfect, complete with a burnt down building, a clearing in the middle, and woods and vines on all sides. I will have to look around for a decent gun soon, that's for sure.
I'm really starting to feel like I fit in on this floor. All the guys are great, though some are immensely crazy. I get along good with all of the guys on my hall. There is one Star Wars nerd, but that is to be expected. Never trash Star Wars in his hearing, unless you wish to die a very quick death... :)
Someone mentioned that she wanting to hear about the road trip I took with several others a week or so ago. It was quite enjoyable, and we had a hilarious time throughout it all. We stopped at a very nice recreational site, which was strangely empty. Then we saw spotlights, and obviously had to follow them to their source. It turned out to be a local football game, which also explained the absence of people from the recreational center. We also stopped at several other places which had Dave (my suite-mate) very nervous... we stopped at the local hospital, and drove into the emergency drive and parking lot to take pictures of the helicopter. We also stopped at a very small airport and took pictures of the planes there. All I can think is that if we were being watched, our actions would have appeared very strange to certain people... :)

8 Comments:
Jason, if I didn't know better I'd think that you could be bought for the rather cheap price of a bit of applesauce. That's just sad... especially since you've got little siblings to appropriately ninja it for you while you distract the Ol' Maman.
If you need any help in this or other strategizing, my fees are most reasonable. Especially compared to your mother's.
Guess the Cynic doesn't want appleasauce.
Nice roadtrip, Jason, but why did you want pictures of planes and a hospital helicopter? Did y'all watch the football game?
Well, I guess you have earned a little sauce, O Collegiate One. And the fact that you posted almost makes me not want to complain over the its genrality.
(beware of Cynic's offer of help....remember, he'll probably want money, whereas I merely require faithful devotion, occasional communication and a place to visit/live when your father and I get old....which is WAY far off)
1) I hate applesauce, so I am definitely immune to the wiles of the maman.
2) I think Ma vastly overstates my rates and underestimates the ludicrous interest rates that she seems wont to charge. Free room and board for two, submitting to Big Brother (or Big Mother, in this case... :-P) and a lifetime of servitude in exchange for apple sauce?!
Let's restate the fact that the Cynic charges no money for an initial consultation and comes along with very reasonable requests at a day in the future when I need your services.
Think about it Jason, who has demanded more from you? Your mother, or myself?
Hmmm. Should I abandon my own flesh and blood like that? I truly don't know what to say... :) (Blogger stinks by the way, in that it never shows the correct comment amounts)
Jason,
You act as though someone was attempting to get you to abandon your family or something. The Cynic only encourages strong bargaining tactics that enable you to stay in the will, get apple sauce and avail yourself of a host of other opportunities without submitting to transparent coercion. I'm just saying as far as bargaining goes, you could do better.
And on a totally unrelated topic, it would be wise to remember that Cynic is a master at debate.
I know this because he told me so.
He also has this extremely annoying habit of coming across as VERY polite. That way, no matter how many times he comes back at you with an argument, you can be lulled into the misapprehension that "Cynic is a nice guy."
However, seeing as he played a part in acquiring a nifty calculator for your use, I am somewhat loathe to bring the entire power of the "Ma Hammer" crashing down upon his flocculent head.
You are doomed to walk a fine line between keeping two formidable entities happy.
Welcome to the world.
Never mind me, I just want to see this Ma Hammer. If it's as nasty as it sounds, I think you might want to sleep with one eye open while you're at home.
That one's gratis.
Post a Comment
<< Home