News
Hmm... It seems somebody back home wants to hear something. Well, besides the fact that I have been busy, um, goofing off and also doing a little homework, I haven't exactly contacted people much. :)
Studies are going alright, not too bad, but I'm not exactly getting perfect A's in everything either... I guess I'm not as good as those sisters of mine. :) I will say that the transition to college has been pretty smooth, though hard in a way, just because homework and study have basically flipped around from what highschool was like. In highschool I basically didn't study at all, just did the reading, then the lessons, and that was it. Here I have had to learn to get stuff done, actually memorize things, and generally work.
But it hasn't been all work. I strive and look forward to the weekends greatly now. And as it is Friday night, watch movies. We're planning to watch Gladiator tonight at 9:00, so it ought be an interesting night.
I sure do miss the enormous amount of free time I had back home. During highschool I never thought I had much free time, but I know different now. I really haven't done any recreational programming, which I greatly miss. I have done some programming for CS2 in the form of our first assignment, which went pretty well. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't done most of it in one night, staying up till around 2:00 PM. I can say that at the moment I really like C++ a lot better than Java, no matter how weird that may sound to those geeks out there. Maybe it is because Java is too perfect, and C++ has some nice little quirks... I don't know.
Well, I would like to get something worthwhile done tonight. Like start working on my tenth or so GUI.
Studies are going alright, not too bad, but I'm not exactly getting perfect A's in everything either... I guess I'm not as good as those sisters of mine. :) I will say that the transition to college has been pretty smooth, though hard in a way, just because homework and study have basically flipped around from what highschool was like. In highschool I basically didn't study at all, just did the reading, then the lessons, and that was it. Here I have had to learn to get stuff done, actually memorize things, and generally work.
But it hasn't been all work. I strive and look forward to the weekends greatly now. And as it is Friday night, watch movies. We're planning to watch Gladiator tonight at 9:00, so it ought be an interesting night.
I sure do miss the enormous amount of free time I had back home. During highschool I never thought I had much free time, but I know different now. I really haven't done any recreational programming, which I greatly miss. I have done some programming for CS2 in the form of our first assignment, which went pretty well. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't done most of it in one night, staying up till around 2:00 PM. I can say that at the moment I really like C++ a lot better than Java, no matter how weird that may sound to those geeks out there. Maybe it is because Java is too perfect, and C++ has some nice little quirks... I don't know.
Well, I would like to get something worthwhile done tonight. Like start working on my tenth or so GUI.

2 Comments:
Liking C++ over Java is not weird for a nerd. Many of my fellow nerds, along with myself, prefer C++ and other languages a great deal over Java.
Great. I'm glad there are others who think so. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home