Sunday, February 04, 2007

Iowa vs. Texas

Well, I guess I had better post something again, before certain people go completely insane. I am listening to streaming radio from back in Iowa, and they had a break for weather. I was almost shocked to hear that it was below zero back home, while down here I went to church in short sleeves. I guess it is time to rub it in for my family back home about how nice and warm it is down here. :)

Speaking of church, we had a dinner afterwards, and I have learned something. Don't ever sit beside Josh Fleetman while having fried chicken. He disected the entire thing, kindly pointing out to me part of the spinal column, some intestines, a blood vessel, etc. Knowing a biology major can be bad for your health... Needless to say, the food was great. Home cooked food is so much better than the junk we get here at Saga that it almost makes me cry. Oh well. It just makes me look forward more to spring break and going home for the summer.

As for the weekend, I had quite a decent time, mostly in front of my computer. I wrapped up Season 8 of Stargate, and watched the entire Matrix trilogy. Quite an interesting story with lots of awesome fighting, special effects, and of course my favorite, CG.

Now I get to look forward to a test this coming week on Tuesday. School, unfortunately, goes marching on.

9 Comments:

Blogger Loren said...

Well, not forever, though it does seem long at the time. Spoken as one who was in higher education for 11 years.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Please tell me you have used that winter coat I sent you. Even if it was only one time.

Also, I would gladly sit beside Fleetman while he was dissecting a chicken. Stuff like that is very interesting (remember when we dissected a mouse for our little homeschool? Ahhh, good times) and besides that, it would give me the chance to quiz him on what you have been up to, even if he doesn't live in Quad 2 any more.

And then too, tell him I probably have him beat all to pieces in driving a stick shift, since I had to learn on an old VW. I'll bet he never had the experience I did...having his dad pick him up from Driver's Ed, and then not being able to start the stupid thing because the battery was low and having to push it and then jump in and pop the clutch (I was only 15 at the time, but I performed most admirably) in front of all my classmates who were pretty much overcome by shock and awe.

Or did I tell you that story already?

Anyway, thanks for the post, though I must say, Fleetman writes more often than you do. Maybe you should ask him if he wants a piece of the will...

One more thing...I am not insane.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hey Jason, did you even watch the Super Bowl?

And did anything arrive in the mail?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I watched a bit of the Super Bowl, but not much, as I'm not really interested in it. Also, I did get one CD in the mail, but unfortunately not the other one which I needed. :)

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see the day when the all-knowing and all-powerful Jason Hoyt would claim that he watched the matrix trilogy
let alone like it.

The voice......

11:30 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Somebody needs to do something about this annoying Voice. Like, tell me who he is.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sharon, you know him, you just don't know it. You have my permission to beat the living daylights out of him when you do find out.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I'll give you a hint, ma chère.

Just think of someone really annoying at church, unless that's too broad...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Got it.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home