Big Buck Bunny

Well, really, with a picture like this, there isn't a whole lot to say...
So, this is a snap I took from the trailer for "Big Buck Bunny". This is a short film that is being created using a free piece of software called Blender. Which, by the way, is a simply amazing program, but that is beyond the scope of this post.
The cool thing about this film is that, even though it might be short, it is completely free. That means that when it comes out, not only can anyone freely download HD versions of it, but people can also get full access to all the files and resources used in creation of the film.
The Blender Institute already has one short film under their belt (Elephants Dream), and there is another one in the early planning stages for after "Big Buck Bunny". The really awesome thing is that with each new movie created with Blender, the software package itself grows tremendously, getting fabulous new features and such. Project Orange, the first open movie, helped to expand Blender's rendering and compositing features, while Project Peach has significantly helped in the area of particles, fur, hair, etc.
So, for your enjoyment (and I highly recommend for you all to view it), I have provided links for the project site and a YouTube trailer. The YouTube trailer isn't the best quality, but it plays better than the HD one provided on the site, for those with less bandwidth.
Project Peach, aka "Big Buck Bunny"
Trailer
I can't wait for this movie to come out...

2 Comments:
Oh he's cute alright...but I still like my bunny best :-)
We'll definitely have to let the little bunny see Big Buck.
On another note, I was so shocked that you posted, I forgot about the skillet on the stove and my breakfast eggs overcooked.
I wonder what the appropriate penance for that would be?
Definitely looks like your kind of movie by the image.
Post a Comment
<< Home