Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Saga Continues

Hmm. Got an IM from somebody. Guess I better write something...

Work has been going well. I'm actually doing some real stuff now, though must of it involves testing this thing or that thing or whatever. But, it is better than sitting through "informational training" videos.

Oh, today, I went and got a Dr. Pepper for lunch. I sat down in my chair at my desk and opened the cap. Just for fun, I turned it over and looked inside. Wow! A code! I can probably turn this in for some amazing prize! Quickly flipping the cap over in order to scan the instructions, much to my chagrin, I saw the date the code had to be turned in by.

Yesterday.

Huh. Life is funny like that.

Oh, and another lunch thing. I had these little orange things (what are they called...), and I found that they were a lot more interesting and more intimidating to consume when one imagined that they were really preserved slugs, possibly still alive, wriggling in their sweet and deadly juices....

I might as well make this whole post about food. Yet another thing I've been surprised at in my, oh, one and half weeks here, is that Ardith hasn't yet made a meal that I didn't like. Of course, I imagine this will all end soon, but I guess I can hope.

I'm hungry. Time to go. I hope everybody is happy. There have been many times that I regretted starting this infernal blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I am happy and I hope you and your slugs will be very happy, too.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Bet you got the slugs from Stargate and Kent Hovind.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home