Friday, February 22, 2008

Road to Fame

I think that I have finally begun my great journey to immortal fame.

So, I listen to online radio at work, as I have mentioned before. Anyways, the topic came up about who actually listened online from out of state. The guy hosting at the time invited such people to email him at the station.

I had a hunch and it turned out correct. I emailed him about how I listened to the station at work every day from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. And then, the most amazing moment! At the next break from music, he said that he had gotten an email reply to his request. He then went on to say "hi" to "Jason from Cedar Rapids, Iowa", stating how glad he was that I was listening. Needless to say, it was a very exhilaratingly moment, and definitely the highlight of today.

So now, a bunch of people in some unknown town in Illinois know I exist! If only I had been on top of things and recorded it for posterity...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I find this highly disturbing. I've been trying to get famous for years, and....nothing.

A few questions:

Did anyone else at work hear your name announced on the radio?

Do you suppose you could be the only listener to the station, and that's why he mentioned you on air?

So, like....would it be too much trouble to email him again and ask him to mention my blog sometime :-D

11:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Okay, next time, try for one in South Dakota! That will definitely make you famous state-wide... in South Dakota.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Don't forget to keep us posted on your next milestone on the long journey to immortal fame.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home