School Again
Guess it is time to post again... I actually said I would do this earlier, but I guess better late than never.
What's new here at school? Well, not a terrible lot, though there are a few significant changes this semester. Probably the first one would be the "revamped" Saga (our cafeteria). Instead of Sodexho handling it, a new company, Bon Appetite or something (stupid French). Regardless of how it is actually spelled, the food has definitely increased in quality. Now all they have to do is get brunch regularly on Saturdays and things will be pretty good food wise.
Let's see. I've also got my own room this semester, for those that haven't heard. My roommate's truck did not meet the yearly inspection, and as he didn't have the money to replace the entire break system, is sitting this semester out. For me, this has both good and bad qualities. For one thing, I don't have to worry about bothering him with my music/TV/movies. I get to sleep somewhat earlier than I have in the past two years. However, it is empty in my room, and I will definitely look forward to having him as my roommate again this spring, as long as everything works out well.
I also downloaded and installed Windows Vista. So far, thankfully, I haven't had too many problems, but there are some definite issues. Aside from being very nice to look at and work in, there are still some issues with certain software. I've had several things crash, albiet it handles thing in a nicer way. A cute little window pops up and Windows says "Looking for a solution. You will be contacted when one is found." Whatever. Also, my TV tuner doesn't work so well in Vista, so until I can find a decent solution, I have to reboot back to XP every day to watch the shows I want to in the evening.
Speaking of TV, there are a bunch of shows that are starting new seasons that I'm watching/going to watch:
Supernatural (probably one of my favorite shows of all time, next to House)
Smallville (I haven't liked Smallville too much, but this next season could be good)
Dexter
The Big Bang Theory
CSI Miami & New York (ok, CSI shows are mildly interesting, but I've seen lots better)
Flashpoint (Usually a good bit of SWAT action, which is always good)
Numbers (Once again, FBI, SWAT, the stuff I like)
Criminal Minds
Heroes (once again, not terribly interesting to me, but it has its moments)
Two and a Half Men
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (gotta love the robots...)
House (only one of the best shows and the absolute best character of all time)
Fringe (a reasonably interesting FBI/futuristic show that just started)
NCIS (CSI should be more like this...)
The Mentalist (could be interesting)
Without a Trace (one of the more boring FBI shows, but I watch it once in a while)
Bones (somewhat interesting, and hey, it has FBI!)
Knight Rider (remake of the old show. Possibly might be good)
The Office (Can be slow. Can be very funny)
The Unit
As one can see, watching TV is quite intensive. And when two shows I want to see overlap, drastic measures must be taken, such as recording, etc.
What's new here at school? Well, not a terrible lot, though there are a few significant changes this semester. Probably the first one would be the "revamped" Saga (our cafeteria). Instead of Sodexho handling it, a new company, Bon Appetite or something (stupid French). Regardless of how it is actually spelled, the food has definitely increased in quality. Now all they have to do is get brunch regularly on Saturdays and things will be pretty good food wise.
Let's see. I've also got my own room this semester, for those that haven't heard. My roommate's truck did not meet the yearly inspection, and as he didn't have the money to replace the entire break system, is sitting this semester out. For me, this has both good and bad qualities. For one thing, I don't have to worry about bothering him with my music/TV/movies. I get to sleep somewhat earlier than I have in the past two years. However, it is empty in my room, and I will definitely look forward to having him as my roommate again this spring, as long as everything works out well.
I also downloaded and installed Windows Vista. So far, thankfully, I haven't had too many problems, but there are some definite issues. Aside from being very nice to look at and work in, there are still some issues with certain software. I've had several things crash, albiet it handles thing in a nicer way. A cute little window pops up and Windows says "Looking for a solution. You will be contacted when one is found." Whatever. Also, my TV tuner doesn't work so well in Vista, so until I can find a decent solution, I have to reboot back to XP every day to watch the shows I want to in the evening.
Speaking of TV, there are a bunch of shows that are starting new seasons that I'm watching/going to watch:
Supernatural (probably one of my favorite shows of all time, next to House)
Smallville (I haven't liked Smallville too much, but this next season could be good)
Dexter
The Big Bang Theory
CSI Miami & New York (ok, CSI shows are mildly interesting, but I've seen lots better)
Flashpoint (Usually a good bit of SWAT action, which is always good)
Numbers (Once again, FBI, SWAT, the stuff I like)
Criminal Minds
Heroes (once again, not terribly interesting to me, but it has its moments)
Two and a Half Men
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (gotta love the robots...)
House (only one of the best shows and the absolute best character of all time)
Fringe (a reasonably interesting FBI/futuristic show that just started)
NCIS (CSI should be more like this...)
The Mentalist (could be interesting)
Without a Trace (one of the more boring FBI shows, but I watch it once in a while)
Bones (somewhat interesting, and hey, it has FBI!)
Knight Rider (remake of the old show. Possibly might be good)
The Office (Can be slow. Can be very funny)
The Unit
As one can see, watching TV is quite intensive. And when two shows I want to see overlap, drastic measures must be taken, such as recording, etc.

6 Comments:
Your TV list makes me feel like a lazy, unproductive bum. I get tired just looking at it.
You're not watching the new season of Eureka? Obviously, you fail.
Some TV shows, such as Eureka, and the new season of Stargate Atlantis, I have to get from "other" places, as our channel access is somewhat limited, and we haven't had the opportunity yet to "correct" this.
Oh, riight.
Incidentally, I thought The Mentalist was rather interesting.
Not that you care, I'm sure.
I do hope a silly thing like classes won't get in the way of your TV schedule.
Don't worry. I'm working on school as well. Besides, most of the TV only takes place during 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm, in the three hour "prime time" gap.
And yes Ardith, I always care. I've enjoyed The Mentalist as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home