Friday, August 25, 2006

The beginning...

...of life at Letu is very interesting. They have all sorts of fun for the incoming students. I will briefly enumerate some of the games we did Friday night. All of the new students were split up into groups, which then competed in these games.

Game #1 - The mad tie-the-balloon-onto-your-foot-and-go-stomp-on-all-the-other-balloons game. Needless to say, with hundreds of yelling, screaming kids, this gets slightly deafening.

Game #2 - Foosball with a twist. This time humans are the players.

Game #3 - Feed rotten peaches to your Peer Advisor.

Game #4 - See how many frozen grapes you can collect from a small pool filled with ice water.

Game #5 - Banana relay, without the use of your hands. Feed the banana to the Peer Advisor at the end of the game.

Game #6 - The taste and smell game. One person chews, the other one smells (guess about this one!) Unfortunately, I got to chew tuna, which is not exactly my favorite.

Game #7 - Free-for-all dodgeball. Inside a very small room. With bunches of people.

Game #8 - Ultimate frisbee, except there is no frisbee. Only a ball with shortening all over it.

There was another game, where your group sees how many people they can get on a one square foot box. As far as I know, the record was eleven.

Then, the grand finally came. We all went outside with bottles of shaving cream. The original idea was that we were supposed to "decorate" our Peer Advisors. It turned out into a massive battle, with mass carnage everywhere.

As one upperclassman said,

Welcome to LeTourneau.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Sorta makes you aspire to be a peer advisor, DON'T it...

The tuna is merely the first Providential revenge for hacking my blog. I estimate there could be MANY more instances of retribution....quite possibly carried out by His earthly agents.

(never forget that I know people down there....)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ardith said...

So, uh, I linked your blog. Any insulting remarks resulting from this fact are sheer coincidence.

10:09 PM  
Blogger MoM said...

Welcome to college life. A truely life changing experience not just an intellectual one.
By the way Ma Hoyt...I am sure that we can contact several Gullman's who could assist any pleasures you might have..?
What dorm are you in?

4:31 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Be afraid, Jason.

Be very afraid....

7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in 7dFF_& **&kl LLM. You'll have to decrypt that of course.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home